Southend Info from Sarfend.co.ukDiscuss Southend-on-Sea in the Sarfend Forum
Southend discussion from your local site, Sarfend.co.uk Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What is Southend like to live in? (Read 461 times)
lizzym

Vote Sarfend

What is Southend like to live in?
May 13th, 2010 at 6:38pm

I would like to move to Southend at some point because I love the seafront and I love the high street. Honestly, what is it like to live in?

IP Logged

Nick
Guru

Southend 4 Life

Westcliff-on-Sea
Re: What is Southend like to live in?
Reply #1 - May 13th, 2010 at 11:06pm

Like any place it has its good and bad points over all its a good place to live and improving.

Been here 35 years and never been a victim of crime (unless you count the sister in laws cooking! just dont tell her I said that...please)

IP Logged

NigelT
Guru

Darn'd Wabbit

Reply #2 - May 14th, 2010 at 12:26am

As Nick has already said, it has it's moments like all places but in general I think it is one of the better places to live. Also compared with many towns (and you only realise this when you have spent a bit of time staying in similar towns) is how much there is here in Southend. Main concern for me is access in and out of the town, if you live to the East it can be a pain travelling West at certain times of the day.

Southend based all my life, running two businesses for the last 30+ years. Kitchen design, build and restoration at www.KitchenSOS.co.uk & a video production business www.ArenaVideo.co.uk

IP Logged

poman38
Guru

Vote Sarfend

Southend, London, Adrift
Reply #3 - May 14th, 2010 at 1:54am

Hi Lizzym,

welcome to the forum, and hopefully Southend.

As Both Nick and Nigel said, its not too bad as towns go, the east west divide can be a pain. Not sure if you drive.

If you like the Beach and the country your in the middle of both here and lots of shops. Clubs and pubs if thats your thing.  2 or 3 nice parks if you have children.

My only real advice would be, look to living just outside the main town centre if you can. I live 2 minutes from it and late at night it can get a little bit noisy when the clubs empty out. If you don't drive consider the transport links too, one or 2 areas have little bus service off peak but we do have good links to the rail here, 2 lines to choose from depending where you decide to settle.

Happy house hunting.

IP Logged

southendroger
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

southend-on-sea
Reply #4 - May 14th, 2010 at 8:48am

hi welcome lizzy.
Having lived here all my life i would not live anywhere else,the people on the whole are great. As with everything there are good and bad.i have spoken to many people who have not regretted there move here.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print